Should You Hire A Denver Real Estate Agent or Sell Your House on Your Own?
At HomeSmart Realty Group, we will always help you to determine which selling option is best for you. Our team will help you look at all of your options so you can sell your house quickly, reaching your selling goals. Take a look at some of the basic numbers in the table below, then reach out to us with questions and to learn more about how we can help you! (720) 926-0204
|For Sale By Owner||Cut Rate Agents|
|Time To Sell:||Lower average days on market (under 50)||Studies show selling yourself adds on average 20+ days to the time to sell the house**||Depends on how comprehensive the service is to help market and negotiate the home|
|Typical Sales Price:||Houses sell for 13% higher prices* when working w/ a broker vs. FSBO||13% less* than an experienced agent is able to negotiate||Depends if their service includes full negotiation services or not|
|Marketing Costs:||$0 – We pay for all marketing and do all of the marketing work||$500 – $2,000+ in ads, yard sign, and more.||$500 – $2,000+ in ads, yard sign, and more.|
|Types Of Marketing Included:||MLS listing, professional yard sign, our team of buyers agents, featured online listings, open house if necessary, and more!||None. You’ll need to purchase all of your marketing separately.||MLS, other marketing usually extra|
|Time Commitment From You:||Very little. We want this to be as hands-off as possible for you so you can enjoy the process.||3-5+ hours per week including showing the house, open houses, marketing, putting out signs, etc.||3-5+ hours per week including showing the house, open houses, marketing, putting out signs, etc.|
|Fees / Commissions:||Competitive commission structure. But we save you time, headache, and stats show we can help you sell for a higher price vs. FSBO||$100-$1,000 for materials and FSBO website listings.||Flat fee or reduced commission for reduced services and assistance.|
|Legal / Contract / Advice:||100% included. We handle all of the contracts, documents, setting up escrow and closing, and more! We worry about the details so you can relax.||You are responsible for all contracts, escrow, and legal details to ensure the closing happens correctly and legally.||Not always included, when it is it may be limited. Ask the agent what they include and will not include.|
While it is possible to sell your home on your own, it can take a lot of time and money that you may not be prepared for. For some properties, the selling process takes a lot of work. You could spend hours and hours each day, all without any guarantee you will sell. Working with a professional agent will save you time and money on the process. We will make it easy for you to sell your house. Leave all the work to us and move on with your life!
Give us a call or send us a message today! (720) 926-0204
We Will Give You The Peace of Mind You Need!
There are many qualities you need to look for in an agent when selling your house in Denver. A few that we are most proud of include…
- Reliability – You can always count on us to stay true to our word. We will follow through and dedicate ourselves to helping you throughout the entire process.
- Responsive – Have questions? You won’t have to wait around to get the answers you need. We’ve always here to take your calls, you will never have to wait around.
- Knowledgable – As a rocket scientist, Juan was required to do some serious studying. This has carried over into his real estate career. Juan prides himself on knowing everything that is going on in the real estate world, both locally and beyond.
- Friendly – Buying or selling a house in Denver is a big decision. You want to work with someone you can talk to, someone you can trust, and someone you feel like you have known your entire life. When you work with HomeSmart Realty Group, you can count on fair and friendly service. Ask us anything, we are here to support you!
Find Out What Your House Is Worth!
Reach Out To Our Team Today! (720) 926-0204
* 2014 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, National Association of REALTORS®)
** Both the Northwestern and the Stanford studies mentioned in the Money section confirm just that: “The use of a broker does lead to an accelerated sale. In that respect, brokers appear to add value,” the Stanford researchers declared. The Northwestern study found that it takes on average 20 days longer to sell a house on a FSBO site versus the MLS or an agent.